Thursday, April 29, 2010

Statement of Purpose

The purpose of this website is twofold.

1. It is a place for me to try out my ideas, hopefully with some feedback from you.


2. It is imagined as an online introduction to comics studies course, with the intention of both introducing literary people to comics and introducing comics people to literary ways of thinking about comics.


With that in mind, and though this will likely evolve as the year progresses, I imagine four kinds of posts: Comics Theory, Central Works, Major Authors, and Reviews, and these are not necessarily mutually exclusive.  With the exception of Reviews, the intention is to avoid unnecessary qualitative judgement.

I will likely end up contradicting myself somewhat, as I use this blog to help my ideas evolve. Please feel free to object in the comments when what I'm saying doesn't make any sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment